Tuesday, December 21, 2004

True Success is measured by how much we love and are loved in return...

Well, last night was my big Labyrinth of Love show at the famous Purple Onion in SF and the show was a tremendous success. The audience loved it and I felt great up there giving it to them. I really enjoyed it and felt present during it. What a joy to be able to experience that. That is truly what it is all about after all.

I felt the love coming from the audience. Okay, so half were friends and family. But that doesn't mean they automatically have to love the show. In fact, that made the stakes much higher. Alot of my friends were seeing me for the very first time on stage. It could have been a painful disaster for them...and me.

But enough of that. It was very satisfying and rewarding to be able to talk with many of them before and after the show. I felt so wealthy in love and friends and supporters in this venture of mine in following my passion. Who could ask for more in just the pure desire of these folks to be there for me and to enjoy the performance as well.

You know, I didn't feel nervous for this show. I was battling with a cold and something attacking my throat. (Thank god for Echinacea.) But as I went up to the stage I just felt certain that I was going to give the best performance I could at that moment and that was enough.

True success really is measured by how much we love...and are loved in return ;-)

and I felt it last night. Thanks to all that were there.
Love you greatly!
Rick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo to you for your performance...and thanks for sharing your love and touching our hearts. I am so very proud of you!!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home