Thursday, May 29, 2008

Something's Coming!

If I were to tap into my collective gut feeling, then I would have to say that something is coming. It feels like the stars are aligning themselves up and the momentum is gathering.

We finished up last week with our second successful run of Sweetie Tanya: The Demon Barista of Valencia Street. I feel very honored and satisfied being a part of this production. There was something about the cast and the crew and the response from the audience that really made it feel right and glorious.

With this production, it was interesting because the audiences' buy in and being there right with us was so ever crucial in the energy generated by our performances. It literally made the difference between a good performance and a great one. The audience on great nights was inspiring.

Thanks to the friends that came to see the show. It meant a lot to me that they took the chance and came out.

I loved the ability for us members to just go out and have fun on stage and letting our stretch in character take over. Trust in our instinctual personas and hard work that led up to the performance really paid off.

So many nights, in between scenes I was in, I would peek at the stage through a non-detectable crack in the curtain and watch the musical numbers that were happening on stage. I never got tired of being there and experiencing the wonderful songs of the show. There was a lot of universality in many of the numbers that, although they were designed from a woman's perspective, I was able to relate to and feel. I could experience them vicariously through our principal characters.

It was very rewarding for me backstage and I knew that the audience was also getting that from the shows we did.

So now the show is over and I have been taking some time to figure out what direction I take next. I am excited at the possibilities that may loom out there for my next project that I commit to, grow from and experience.

In retrospect, my intuition in choosing has been pretty right on and I have been very pleased with my choices.

I am feeling a surge of opportunity coming my way now both with artistic choices and ones that will help pay the bills. I am crossing my fingers that one of those opportunities breaks through as a booking. Inevitably, booking it is what counts. So, we will see.

Last night I saw a very good production of a show, Octopus, with a friend of mine. I was very impressed with most of the acting. Low and behold the telegram delivery boy in the play was the very same guy that took my photographs at an audition that same day at a casting. It is a small world. His small role was executed tremendously well.

Saw Ed Decker and Ed Halvey from NCTC at the show as well.

Financially, I'm doing okay for the time being. Although, being ever mindful on the months ahead, I am keeping my eyes open for more opportunity to create stability for the future.

A creative type's work is never done ;-)
That's just an observation, not a complaint. I wouldn't have it much differently.
Ultimately, this is where I want to be.
With a lil' bit of luck, life will continue to be wonderful, exciting and alive.

Something's Coming! I can feel it.

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home