Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Dog Days of August...

Guess I know what that means. Normally, it would mean the hot, hot summer days with unbearable heat and having to endure that. But since I live in San Francisco, that doesn't apply. Days lately have been foggy and overcast gray.

For me it means scraping to get by work-wise, literally.
Looking for some work this month to fill the holes of little work at the symphony, seemingly little modeling work, and seemingly little prospects on the near horizon.

But I must remain optimistic. :-) if for no other reason than to keep a positive energy flowing around me. Yes, I am a believer in like attracts like.

Okay, the list of good things in my camp.
I have a beautiful grandson, Jacob. (It's getting easier saying that word...grandson. He's wonderful...it's just the implications ...I'm getting older...the forties are the new 20's ??


Of course, I am grateful for his parents, my son Josh and Nicole, his wife.
Wonderful kids, if ever there were.

I love living in SF still and in my place at Park Merced.
What's not to love?

Okay, so it is the financial grind to a halt feeling that I feel that is getting a bit uncomfortable...it always is!

But I do have faith. Look at July...thought it was going to be a vast wasteland financially, but it turned out to be my best month and even exceeded for the first time my monthly goal. Yeah! (Another thing to be grateful for!)

Then there is my place and the need to clean it. REALLY. It's been well, many months and I still have not focused on thoroughly cleaning it...and it needs it....truly.
What's up with that? Good for a full scale tour of "analysis", I'm sure.

Also, been looking for the next artistic project to get involved in. Haven't yet seen that materialize.

Taking stock in those things I need to and want to really work on in my performing. Voice, physical demeanor, acting chops, and working the skills over and over.

But for the moment, I guess I will have to settle for the dog days of August to inspire me and get my butt into gear!

My life... and welcome to it! ;-)
Till the next post...Keep it positive and smile. It'll keep 'em wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home