Thursday, March 05, 2009

Taking It To The Next Level...

Okay, so I have been thinking a lot lately about goals and desires and dreaming about what the "next level" would be for me.

Is it here (SF)? Is it there (LA)? What do I need to do to get there? What will it take to break through to the next level? How do I feel about that?

Have been having some success with my work lately. It's been 15 months now that I have been following the dream, being creative and being resourceful in making it work.

Having wanted to get back into class to "exercise" and "grow", I have been able to find one I can actually afford and do some work, experiment, and learn.

Boy, do I love to learn. The internal critique has been put on very low so I can actually enjoy the fumbling, the going out on a limb and just having fun with it.

A big part of me wants to be doing more, getting more chances to fumble, glean the lesson and jump into the next situation from which to build upon.

Okay, so that's my motivation, my direction. Find more opportunities to put my feet to the fire, fumble and learn; tweak and go forward, tweak and go forward.

Saw the Academy Awards a couple of weekends ago, on DVR recording of course. Was wondering just what it was that got the likes of Meryl Streep and Sean Penn to where they are now - their abilities as actors. What was the work they needed to do to hone their craft?

I am nothing if I am not a striver for excellence.
Not only do I want to move people and speak the truth through performance but I want to do it at the highest level.

So my question then becomes "How do I get there?"

I know I can, I just am not sure exactly "how"?

I recently got word that a spot for a project I did called the "aha moment" had been completed and was directed to a website www.ahamoment.com where I got to see mine and a bunch of other people's moments captured on film. It was a nice concept and I was rather proud of my spot.

It was truthful. It was real. It also revealed to me a lesson about being in front of the camera, or maybe a gleam at what is real and truthful and how that comes across on the camera. Something to remember when acting. Something to carry in my tool bag.

But I digress.

I will put my focus on what I need to do to "take it to the next level".

I love the life I am leading. No promises or guarantees, but plenty of carving out who I am and developing that into what I love.

And so I step forward to see what is around the next corner.

Till next time,
follow your heart and intuition and go for it!

Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home